CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

another sad poem...

My sister is dark.
I am light.
The people who hate her
aren’t always white.
Even the people
of our color
would rather shun her
then another.
“How are we different?”
I always cry.
“We are of the same parents
by and by.”
“It does not matter
to those out there,”
they always tell me
as I blare.
It’s like hating night
‘cause it’s not the same
as our much needed daylight.
I would like to know,
just for once,
how it feels
to wear the dunce.
Please, Lord,
hear my plea.
Color me dark
so I can be at peace.

i know... depressing...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is REALLY good! Didn't you write that last year for social studies?

e2 said...

yes... AND LA...

Anonymous said...

:-)

Elesar said...

that's really good! you used it twice, lol nice.

e2 said...

yes, but they never knew... :DD